The following policies have been adopted to clearly articulate how enrollment decisions will be determined. If the application is received by the deadline and student meets the school’s admissions criteria, student will be further considered for enrollment. Students will be selected and placed in the school based on the maximum capacity of classrooms as set by the Diocese of Wheeling-Charleston according to the following categories in order:
- Currently enrolled students in good standing.
- Siblings of students currently enrolled.
- Students currently enrolled and in good standing at another school in the Diocese of Wheeling-Charleston.
- Catholic children of participating parishioners who are siblings or children of a graduate of the School.
- Children of parishioners who are registered, contributing and participating members of the School Parish (or if a central school, one of the participating parishes).*
- Children of parishioners who are registered, contributing, and participating members at another Catholic parish within the Diocese of Wheeling-Charleston.*
- Non-Catholic students (Non-Catholic students will be enrolled or added to a waiting list in the order of applications received).
* Families can obtain a form from their parish that is to be signed by the pastor and submitted to the school at application.
- Students not selected for admission due to class size limits, will automatically be placed on a wait list.
- If an opening becomes available, students on the wait list will be given priority for those openings in the same order of preference as detailed in the Admission Eligibility protocols.
- The wait list will exist for the current academic year only.
- The wait list will be established after the enrollment process for the upcoming school year has ended and will terminate when that school year ends.
COMMON APPLICATION AND RE-ENROLLMENT TIMELINE
February 3, 2023- ( Friday of Catholic Schools Week) – Re-enrollment for current families begins.
February 10, 2023- Application for parishioners new to the school begins.
February 17, 2023-General public application begins.
For years, The Diocesan Tuition Assistance Program (TAP) has striven to keep Catholic education affordable for Catholic families who desire it for their children, but who may need some financial assistance to make that dream a reality. Applying for TAP is easy and affordable, and can be done right from your computer through the FACTS Tuition Assessment Program.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Any student from a Catholic family accepted for the upcoming school year in any Diocesan Catholic school (PK through grade 12) is eligible. Determinations are based upon a family’s degree of need relative to all other applicants.
$35 per family.
Diocesan grants for families who have completed the application and have shown financial need can receive up to 50% of a child’s tuition for each school year.
Feb 1 – application to apply opens
April 29 – Phase I applications close
May 16 – Phase I awards presented
August 31 – Phase II applications close
Sept 9 – Phase II awards presented
Click here to apply for Diocesan TAP
Please contact your local school to learn more about scholarships and other aid they may have available.
- Students entering Kindergarten in 2022-2023, and K-11 students currently enrolled in public school are eligible to apply for the West Virginia Hope Scholarship run by the WV Treasure’s Office. This scholarship is not run, managed, or determined by the Diocese of Wheeling-Charleston or the Department of Catholic Schools in the diocese.
- The Catholic Schools of West Virginia welcome Hope Scholarship recipients to apply for enrollment in one of our 24 Christ-centered schools across the state.
- For more information go to: hopescholarshipwv.com, where you can sign up to receive updates from the state.
HEADED TO COLLEGE?
Wheeling University is the only Catholic institution of higher education in West Virginia. Are you a Diocese of Wheeling-Charleston graduate considering WU for your post-secondary studies?
The Diocese of Wheeling-Charleston offers a scholarship for Catholic students who attend Wheeling University. Applicants must be parishioners of a parish in the Diocese of Wheeling-Charleston in order to be eligible for a scholarship and pastor’s signature is required to verify parish membership.
Each applicant must file a FAFSA Form (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) with the U.S. Department of Education. A copy of the results will be forwarded to Wheeling University.
Your Diocesan scholarship application must be postmarked no later than April 15 annually. However, applications will be accepted after this deadline for late entry students.